Thursday 29 August 2013

here we go

School started yesterday.

Each professor thought it would be a fantastic idea to remind us that graduation will be here sooner than we can imagine. Well great, now I can breathe easy, thanks a ton. But in all honesty, they are right. It is right there.

My schedule worked out this semester so that I have all 6 of my classes on Wednesdays and then 5 of them on Monday and Friday. So those days are going to be nothing short of exhausting but I am truly looking forward to all every challenge that comes my way as I know it will be helpful in some way later in life. Yes, even my financial statement analysis class will play a part somehow.

In this time of change and uncertainty and increased busyness it is sometimes difficult to remember the good things about this new school year. For one, I get to attempt to be organized again. I feel like a fourth grade girl, but I'm going to try to color code things this year. Hopefully this helps me keep my 6 different class projects separate in my mind. Also, everyone is back on campus. I'm still seeing some faces for the first time since May and those encounters are always awesome. Outcry starts again and that just makes me so happy. God works in that hour in ways that I have never witnessed before.

As I was writing this blogpost, a friend who was sitting next to me asked me if we would see King David in heaven. I was completely blown away. This is not the type of question I would have expected from this particular friend. However, it sparked a small conversation about Old Testament figures and how even though they were before Jesus' time on earth, they still followed God and were great people. This turned into a conversation about what heaven would be like, and I can honestly say that I am so excited to worship God with every nationality, ethnicity, race, culture, and class of people who have lived, are living and will live on this earth. God is so good. I can't wait to see what the rest of this year holds.

Peace and blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment