Monday 5 August 2013

What is really going on here?

Ahhh it's been a while, but here I am, back at it.

I'm sure I don't need to point this out, but it is now the month of August. Nobody really said this was okay, but there's literally nothing we can do to stop this, the new school year is on our doorstep. But wait, now I need to add a new word to this, it's not only the new school year, it's the LAST school year.

Crap. Cue anxious thoughts. I hate thinking about the future, the unknown is such a terrifying blessing in it's own way though. Since I cannot predict my own future, I find myself leaning much more heavily on God. This won't make every scared thought go away but it gives a sense of peace into a situation where if I didn't have God, I would be tweaking out in all sorts of ways.

So what has been happening since the middle of July?

I am still working on a project for a ministry in Ukraine. It's made me realize how absolutely spacey I can be when I have to sit down and focus but it's been such a great experience understanding this ministry and everything they try to do for the community of Rivne.

I also work full time at the Trinity cafeteria. I love my coworkers and I get free meals so honestly it's been such a blessing to be able to work there. It's one of those blessings you don't realize until you look back.

Recently I've had two minor setbacks in life that are just straight frustrations. Turns out I've had a parasite living inside of me probably since I got back from Africa. So I'm on medication for that now and I hate popping pills, but hopefully this does the trick. I do not want some random bug chomping on my stomach or whatever parasites do. Setback number two is that my laptop crashed and solving this issue involves more than just buying a new computer (which is a burden on its own) but it also means replacing music, files, settings etc. Life tip, get an external hard drive, it just might make your life easier.

I saw Icona Pop and Imagine Dragons last week. I tell you what, if you're looking for some bands to see, those two should hit the top of your list. Stellar stage performance mixed with amazing musical talent combined for a spectacular show that had me moving the whole time.

Camping with the relatives this past weekend was a blast as normal. We are a crazy bunch and I can always count on them for plenty of laughs and card games.

We moved into our house for the 2013-2014 school year on August 1. It has been quite a hectic past few days but everything is falling into place and I cannot wait to see what happens in that house that has so much character to it already. Huge shoutout to Andrew, Calob, Colin and Ryan for the cleaning and work that they have done to make that place awesome. Can't wait for the rest of the goons to start moving in.

Something that I talked with my parents with for a while recently is being content with life where it's at now. Everything that is going on now is happening for a reason and when you look back on today you will see so clearly why God had each moment occur. At our age we do not need to know how to do everything that will come across our paths each day, instead we just need to have an open mind and be able to learn every new skill that we can to fully equip ourselves to further the kingdom of God.

My wonderful friend Jess Wiltjer tweeted a while ago, "Be you and be ok with it." True that.

Music choices for the week:
Imagine Dragons: Hear me, On top of the world, Underdog
Armin Van Buren: This is what it feels like
Lorde: Royals, Tennis Courts
Bastille: Pompeii
DJ Earworm: Summer mashup 2013
Trapdoor Social: Away

No comments:

Post a Comment